There are multiple benefits of learning any refined art form. These benefits increase by many folds if you learn Indian Vocals or Hindustani Classical Music.
The roots of Hindustani classical music go as far as 13th & 14th centuries. Indian vocals are based on the Raga system. The Raga system is a melody scale comprising seven base notes - Sa, Re, Ga, Ma Pa, Dha and Ni. These notes form the very soul on Hindustani classical music. Raga basically is a usage of these notes in various combinations and patterns.
Hence, in order to sing and create Ragas, it is first important to understand and practice the seven notes. The recitation of these seven notes in different combinations is known as Alankar.
Once you learn basic Alankars, the next step is to understand their application in major vocal forms like, khayal, ghazal, dhrupad, dhammar, tarana and thumri. All of this is not possible without the help of a trained ‘Guru’ or ‘Vocalist’.
Learning Indian Vocals can be beneficial in multiple ways:
1. Helps in maintaining discipline through practice or riaaz – It is important to practice your Alankars and Rags diligently and regularly. Even a note missed here or there can spoil the entire rhythm
2. Improves Concentration – You need to focus in order to sing in correct pattern
3. Stress Buster – Hindustani classical music helps to rejuvenate our mind and soul
4. Develops vocal cords – Through regular practice
6. Cultural Understanding – Hindustani classical music is a traditional art form which helps an individual understand their culture better
As discussed previously, Hindustani classical music or Indian Vocals cannot be learnt by listening to someone perform. One needs to understand the basics and learn the correct way to practice them.
Sounds too complicated. But it’s really simple. People from any age can dedicate some time every day to learn this ancient and traditional art form.
Join Mittsure’s Basics of Indian Vocal course and start your journey today!
You don’t need any prior experience or knowledge of Indian vocal music styles, as this Mittsure’s Basics of Indian Vocal course is specially designed for beginners.
Register with us today to bring out the professional music artist in you!
The course is divided into 30 short lessons. This online Indian Vocal Music course is self-paced and offers you complete flexibility. The course content is available in the form of videos, and this can be accessed anytime. People might lose interest after a few minutes; hence, the length of the videos is short of making learning fun.
Not only this, but you can also register for our live classes for a peer learning experience. You can ask questions and clarify your doubts in the presence of the music trainer.
Below are some of the highlights of this course:
1. Introduction to music definition – Learn about the seven surs (SA, RE, GA, MA, PA, DHA, and NI)
2. Introduction to Alankar and the right techniques
3. First & second Alankar - sing with Taal
4. Introduction to Teen Taal - 16 beats
5. Practice Alankar based songs like – ‘Hey Ram Bhajan’ & ‘Itni Shakti Humein Dena Deta’
6. Practice Indian vocal based prayers like ‘Achyutam Keshavam Krishna Damodaram’
7. Learn the following Ragas - Raag Bhupali, Raag Khamaaz, Raag Bhairav, Raag Ahir Bhairav, Raag Ahir Bhairav and Raag Asavari
By enrolling with us you will be able to start your journey to become a professional Indian vocal singer. We will not make you an expert, but our highly experienced trainers will definitely provide you the right base to later pursue higher courses without any difficulty.
Join Mittsure’s Basics of Indian Vocal course today for a fun learning experience!
In This Video You Will Learn:
1. Indian Vocal Swars – Sa, Re, Ga, Ma and Alankars
2. Vocalizing RAGA with various combinations
3. Different ragas of various Gharana or family
4. Recite Alankars with various Taals (beats) including Teentaal (16 beats)
5. Sing various genres of songs like Gazals, Bhajans, Folk, etc.
1. Steady and high-speed internet connection for watching the videos
2. A normal voice
3. Patience and perseverance to learn Indian vocal
2 New Alnkars and Song _ Hey Ram 2 Part. Sesson-4
1- First & Second Alnkar Sing with Taal . 2- Teen Taal 16 Matra Introduction. 3- Sesson-5
1_ alankars pratiece, New Alnkar Sesson-6
New Alnkar 1- and Song - Nani teri morni ko ........... Sesson-7
New Alnkar 1-and New Song :- Aai watan - razzi movie song..... Sesson-8
New Alnkar 1 and song _ Itni Shakti Hamein Dena Data Sesson-9
Revision of all Alnkar. Sesson-10
lakdi ki kathi Sesson-11
Tumhi Ho Mata Pita Thumhi Ho Sesson-12
Raag bhupali Sesson-13
Raag khamaaz Sesson-14
Raag bharav Sesson-15
Raag Ahir bharav Sesson-16
Achyutam Keshavam Krishna Damodaram Sesson-17
Hum Honge Kamyab Sesson-18
Ae Malik Tere Bande Hum Sesson-19
Tera Mujhse Hai Pehle Ka Naata Koi Sesson-20
Teri Hai Zameen Tera Aasman Sesson-21
Bhagwan Hai Kahan Re Tu Sesson-22
Namo Namo Shankara Sesson-23
Hai Apna Dil To Aawara Sesson-24
Hoshwalon Ko Khabar Kya Sesson-25
Kesariya Balam Sesson-26
Tum Ko Dekha To Yeh Khayal Aaya Sesson-27
Khwaja Mere Khwaja Sesson-29
Raag aasavari Sesson-30
The Indian Vocal Music course for Beginners is designed by Gaurav Bhatt, who has an experience of seven years as professional music and instrumental trainer. Gaurav belongs to Jaipur, Rajasthan. He has completed his MA in vocal music studies and Guitar Course in Rajasthan. Through these videos, he will teach you a variety of musical swars and alankars with their benefits.
Mittsure is happy to have Gaurav on board to help individuals improve their vocal abilities in the classical genre of music.
1. Individuals above the age of 4 who wish to learn Indian vocal music
2. No prior experience is required. The course is designed for beginners
3. All children & adults
Desktop/Laptop/Mobile access for an hour
Broadband internet connection