Welcome to Mittsure’s calligraphy course!
Calligraphy is the visual art of producing decorative handwriting, design, and execution of lettering with a pen, ink brush, or other writing instruments. This visual art form needs some amount of practice and involves a lot of technique.
A notable form of calligraphy in India, the Gilgit Scripts, dates back to the 5th and 6th centuries. The historical journey of Indian calligraphy can be traced in a wide range of materials ranging from clay coins, stone, metal, cloth, leaves, and paper to exquisitely styled inkpots. Calligraphy is considered a major talent in the Middle East and East Asia, equivalent to sculpture or painting.
Learning the art of calligraphy at an early age can have multiple positive impacts on a child’s growth:
1. Children can retain spelling better if they write a word by hand. Learning calligraphy can help a child develop better motor skills
2. Creating beautiful strokes on a piece of paper not only increases a child’s concentration but also proves to be meditative and relaxing
3. Learning calligraphy can also enhance a child’s creativity
4. Just like motor skills, writing words or numbers with the focus can also help with problem-solving skills
5. Calligraphy can help gain confidence by improving a child’s handwriting
A true Calligrapher needs to know all the secrets and nuances of the trade. Right from the correct angle of holding the tools to the correct method of creating lines, strokes and shades. And then there are calligraphy styles and variations like Calligraphy Font Mix, Watercolour Calligraphy, Calligraphy Quotes Design, Calligraphy Illustration etc. which need to be learnt, practiced and mastered.
Sounds too complicated? But it’s straightforward. People from any age group could learn this art and become an expert. Want to learn Calligraphy? Join the Mittsure Calligraphy course now!
You can also become the person who can effortlessly flourish and embellish special occasions with your lettering skills and snowball your way into the World of Calligraphy.
You don’t need any prior experience or knowledge of Calligraphy, as this course is designed for beginners.
Please register with us today to learn the fundamentals of this art form!
The course is divided into 30 short sessions. The course content is available in the form of videos which can be accessed anytime. The length of each session has been tactfully kept short to make learning fun.
Not only this, but you can also register for our live classes for a peer learning experience. Ask questions and clarify your doubts in the presence of a trainer.
By the end of this course you will learn the following:
1. Faux Calligraphy – The art of writing text with some parts in bolder strokes
2. Various strokes like up-strokes and down-strokes – when to use what
3. Basic calligraphy tools
4. Eight fundamental calligraphy strokes
5. Lower case and uppercase letters using calligraphy
6. Write numbers using calligraphy
7. Write complete words in calligraphy
8. Make DIY cards using calligraphy
So, are you ready to make something unique yet personalized with the art of beautiful handwriting?
Register now to start your calligraphy journey today!
In This Video You Will Learn:
1. Basics of faux calligraphy
2. Distinctive styles and designs of calligraphy and lettering
3. How to make elementary pen strokes
4. Letter, word and number formation
5. Watercolour Calligraphy
1. Steady and high-speed internet connection for watching the videos
2. Principal calligraphy tools such as pencil, pens, paper, cardstock, brushes, watercolour etc.
Basic strokes Sesson-4
Letter a,b,c,d Sesson-5
Letter e,f,g,h Sesson-6
Letter I,j,k,l Sesson-7
Letter m,n,o,p,q Sesson-8
Letter r,s,t,u Sesson-9
Letter v,w,x,y,z Sesson-10
Letter A,B,C,D Sesson-11
Letter E,F,G,H Sesson-12
Letter I,J,K,L Sesson-13
Letter M,N,O,P,Q Sesson-14
Letter R,S,T,U Sesson-15
Letter V,W,X,Y,Z Sesson-16
Numbers 0-9 Sesson-17
Two letter words Sesson-18
Three letter words Sesson-19
Four letter words Sesson-20
Five letter words Sesson-21
Six lettter words Sesson-22
Phrases - 1 Sesson-23
Phrases -2 Sesson-24
Quotes -1 Sesson-25
Quotes -2 Sesson-26
Water colour base and Faux Calligraphy Sesson-27
Birthday card Sesson-29
Anniversary card Sesson-30
Art has been a passion and profession for Jasnoor Kaur, the trainer for Mittsure’s Calligraphy course. Jasnoor is a self-learned artist. She has been closely associated with calligraphy and craft since 2009 and invokes optimism through art for herself and others. Jasnoor believes that calligraphy is an important design tool to conjure up expressive creativity through writing.
Jasnoor Kaur conducts regular workshops and helps others learn and acquire artistic skills. As a volunteer, she has conducted multiple art & craft workshops for students.
Jasnoor explores the globe through her compositions, designs, colours and materials. She exhibits her art in several online and offline exhibitions across the globe.
Apart from faux calligraphy painting, Jasnoor is also interested in painting, decoupage, doodle art, warli art, drawing & painting, Mehandi art, candle making, and waste crafts. She is an expert in faux calligraphy and knows different calligraphy styles and designs, calligraphy letter variations, number calligraphy, faux calligraphy with watercolour and hand-lettered calligraphy fonts.
Teaching has been part of Jasnoor’s life for 6 years now. She believes that her decision to tutor people and students is the best decision of her life and she takes joy and pride in teaching others.
Jasnoor is always on a hunt to tutor people using different mediums. Currently, one of the platforms she is using to enhance others' skills is Mittsure Calligraphy course. Mittsure is happy to have her on board to help individuals enhance their talent.
1. Individuals of age 8 and above
2. No prior experience is required. The course is for beginners
3. All children & adults
Desktop/Laptop/Mobile access for an hour
Broadband internet connection